Saturday 16 May 2009

Princess & Albert

Sitting Princess and Albert are in print! Although I have absolutley loved every stylised photo of my cards, this would have to be my fave photo yet. I LOVE the green and the rope stuff goes so well with a little pinkish background... it looks really cute! My photo is a bit dodgy but trust me, it looks better in person!!

You can see my photos here and here.

The issue my cards are in this month is Vol 14 No 11 of Australian Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft and I also got a big surprise. I am the featured stamper! I answered the 20 questions ages ago but didn't know which issue it would be in. I got heaps of emails telling me I was in there before my mag even arrived (Grr... everything takes ages to get here... apparently Cairns is remote!). MAN was it exciting seeing my profile... yeah... horrifically scary having my photo in a magazine but still exciting! It still seems a bit weird to me that someone wanted to use up two pages of their excellent magazine on me!

13 comments:

Alyssa B said...

hey so glad to see you in the mag---straight away I found your blog and im loving what I see! Would you like to know my stamping disaster? A kindyglitz bottle was a bit clogged and the glue wasnt comming out so I just thought I would give it a good squeeze and it would work again. Alas, the cap flew off and the glitter glue sprayed everywhere. All over the adjacent wall, my project, some nice new paper waiting to be used, it was in my hair, on my face and in my mouth which was unfortunately open at the time. A walked out of my stamping room and all my husband could do was laugh and laugh at me. oh, for the love of stamping!

Kelly Schelske said...

Awesome Amy!! Both pieces are outstanding!!

Linda said...

That's awesome Amy...love seeing your work in the mag. I'm told I have a few cards in vol 14 Iss 11 but haven't got my copy yet to check....all very exciting. Keep up the great work:-)

Heidi in CA said...

Congratultions Amy! I only wish I could see the article myself. As always your work is amazing!

lacey said...

How wonderful!! I bet you are so excited about being in print so much lately!! What a wonderful achievement!
~lacey

Tracey said...

These are both fantastic!

Cheryl said...

Congratulations,your cards are always fantastic!!! Might have to pop out and get the magazine!
xx

Ying Pang, said...

congratulations Amy, you are famous now:-))
hugs, ying

Anonymous said...

Its great to see your profile as i often wonder if these people are paid to do this. And i love your blog and now to put a face and know more about you it makes a big difference.
Good luck
Julie

Nicoline said...

Congratulations Amy, you must be very proud to be in that magazine!
And you have every right to be;)
The cards are great!
Enjoy your moment of fame!!

Hugs,
Nicoline

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Congratulations Amy, your article looks fabulous! Big Hugs, Nikki x

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

This is SO fabulous, Amy!! Congratulations....again!! You are the queen of crafty mags!! Not surprising though, with such talent!! Fabulous, girl!!

Kristine said...

Hi Amy,

Just thought I would stop by and say great job on your cards in the Cardmaking for All Occasions Editions that just came out. I got my contributor copy yesterday and your cards are brilliant.

Thought I would hunt down your blog and say so! :-)

Kristine