Tuesday 23 March 2010

Grungeboard Wallet

I made this Grungeboard wallet for my Dad for his birthday last October. It is just like me to only be getting around to posting a picture of it now! I got the idea from Scrapbooking Memories about a month or two before then. There are heaps of templates out there (especially on SCS) but I couldn’t find one that looked exactly like I wanted it to so I just made it up as I went along.

The Grungeboard has been inked with Walnut Distress Ink and then over the edges on the inside with Spiced Marmalade too. The front cover also has a little bit of Broken China on it.

I got the idea of the heart and wings from Tim Holtz himself. I wanted to do some more wire stitching on it but ran out of time in the end (actually glued the heart and wings on while in the car on the way to Dad's birthday dinner). The Grungeboard been inked using Alcohol Ink which works GREAT! The colour looks really vibrant on Grungeboard and dries really quickly without clogging up the texture like a couple layers of paint does.

I even worked out how to put a little snap on the front! I then hung a little Philosophy Tag on it with a bit of linen thread just for something else.

Each little ‘credit card’ has an Alcohol Ink background. You take some glossy cardstock, put a few drops of different coloured inks on an ink applicator and then dab all over randomly. You then put a drop of Alcohol Ink Blending Solution on the applicator tool and dab that over too and it blends the edges of the ink! It is a really fun technique! I even put a drop of Silver Metallic Mixative on it too and that just adds another little dimension to make the colours really stand out against each other. It’s a shame my photos covered them up so much really!


4 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

WOW! This is Fabulous! I love the inside too! Thanks for posting it! Wouldn't have wanted to miss out on such a great creation!
Hugs,
Lisa

Sally Cicada Designs said...

Wowwee!! What a cool project and what a great gift!! Sounds pretty labour intensive but very fun too!

I have left you a blog award on my post today with a link back to your site. You have always been one of my favourite artists--especially for High Hopes projects and I just wanted to say thanks for the inspiration!! Your cards are always so well done and so beautifully coloured!!
Blessings,
Sarah :)

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Awesome!!! Doesn't look made of paper!

Mim said...

I love this wallet idea - too cute! hmmm.. you have inspired me, I'm thinking a handbag shape one for my MIL for Mother's Day..