Saturday 8 May 2010

Love

I have had a few pieces of square acrylic hanging around in my craft room for years now and I decided that I should make some sort of plaque type thingy and I have to say, this is my favourite Tim Holtz inspired project YET! I made the Grungepaper Flowers using Tim's instructions on his 12 Tags of Christmas post from 2009. It is messy work and quite a bit harder than Tim makes it look (that could just be me) but aren't they worth it!

I covered the chipboard letters with Music Gazette pattern paper and sponged the edges using Vintage Photo Distress Ink and an ink blending tool.
The flowers are coloured by spraying the Grungepaper with a Mini Mister with a full dropper of Distress Reinker and Perfect Pearls. The colour combos are Dusty Concord and Forever Violet Pearls, Spiced Marmalade and Heirloom Gold Pearls and Aged Mahogany and Heirloom Gold Pearls. Certainly a nice combo!

There is a little Adage Ticket at the top hanging on the ever adorable Memo Pin that was released at this year's CHA. There are some Green Tara Leaves, Grungeboard Elements Flourishes and also a bird charm from Tim's Adornment Charms Idea-ology set.

7 comments:

Fiona said...

wow this is amazing..you are so very talented...stunning!!

Fi

Elise said...

HI Amy! Wowzers! Your blog is GORGEOUS!!! Everything here is total eyecandy for me!!! My goodness! Your coloring is out of this world spectacular! Your art is completely STUNNING!!! :) I am a new follower of yours ... thank you for sharing such beauty!

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving me such sweetness!

Big Hugs,
Elise

Debbie Pamment said...

WOW Amy - this is GORGEOUS!!!! I love YOUR style but you obviously do Tim Holtz style proud too! AWESOME!
xXx

Love crafts forever said...

Love the flowers. Your card is absolutely stunning. Hug, Nataliya.

Cindy Haffner said...

So very Pretty aMY!!

Mim said...

Those flowers sure are Fab, Amy! The colour depth is really great. What a gorgeous piece of art to have on the wall.

Dragonlady said...

Hi Amy

Fabulous creation, love the grunge paper flowers.

Hugs Ali x