tree in a vase and what I thought was going to be a quick and easy project turned out to be a long but easy project through no fault but my own.
I was too lazy to brave the outdoors and find sticks so I made the
branches from wire then cut strips of hessian (from my wedding table
runners last month) and frayed them and wrapped them on the wire. I
then sprayed them with some Vintage Photo Distress Ink in a Mini Mister.
I cut the leaves on my Cricut from Kaisercraft paper and glued two
together with a thin piece of wire coming out from the inside. I then
poked a hole in the hessian, squeezed in some mod podge and inserted the leaf.
The tree doesn't look as 'messy' in real life. The camera had trouble
seeing the depth of the project but in real life the branches spray out
nicely and don't mush up and blend into one like the picture shows.