What I use:
- Stampin' Up! Blender Pen
- Stampin' Up! Watercolour Paper
- Stampin' Up! Classic Ink Pads
- Jet Black Stazon Ink
- Twinkling H2O's
- Fine Aqua Painter
Tip: Start with your lightest shade first, allow each layer to dry fully and then work on building the colour rather than trying to watercolour the shade you want it straight up. This way you will have more control over the tonal variation of your image.
2. Watercolour a light wash over the entire image. Think about the lightest area you would like, and do the whole image in that light shade.
3. Allow the first layer to dry then apply some thick colour where the sun would be casting a shadow. Without letting the ink dry, quickly wipe the blender clean and then in small circular motions, blend just the edge of the colour in with the lighter areas.
4. Continue over the whole image returning to areas when they are dry to apply more layers if you would like it darker again.
6. Continue over the whole image then add other colours.
7. Apply a small amount of Twinkling H2O's with an Aqua Painter on the dark areas to accentuate them further.
8. Apply your finishing touches to the rest of your image. I put some Kindy Glitz on Huggable Hank's wings and a bit of H2O's on his scales in blue to make them stand out.
Tip: try not to let too much water leak onto the paper. Lightly wet the entire area to spread the H2O's properly and to avoid having little water line marks left behind.
I hope this helps! GOOD LUCK!!