Sunday 23 December 2012

Christmas cards



Here are my 15 Christmas cards I made this year and they were so quick and easy I was pretty please to knock them over in a few hours.

 I used half of an A4 piece of Tim Holtz Core'dinations Kraft Core paper for each card base and embossed the front using Tim Holtz Texture Fades (Fancy Floral Frames). I then sanded the raised parts of the embossing to reveal the kraft cardstock underneath.

To make the tree I cut a triangle shape from scraps of chipboard sheet and also a base for the tree and covered them in pattern paper. I then inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink, glued some ribbon on the bottom with Mod Podge and adhered it to the front of the card base with some raised foam tape for dimension. There are also a few buttons put on with my hot glue gun.

 I haven't made Christmas cards for everyone in years because I usually have trouble making them simple enough to make them in bulk. I might have to try another version of this again next year!




Supplies:
Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock
Tim Holtz Sanding Grip
Tim Holtz Fancy Frames
Chipboard sheets
Mod Podge
Ink Blending Tool
Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Hot Glue Gun

No comments: