Thursday 20 December 2012

Christmas Stockings

My mum is a fantastic seamstress and she had her own costume shop when I was a kid and made hundreds and hundreds of amazing costumes from basic to elaborate Renaissance dresses that were just stunning. Dress up parties as a kid were never an issue in our house.

With such amazing talent from my mum, nanna, sister and aunties on both sides, you'd think I would be able to sew. Nope! This year I decided to stick with it and hope my skills improve and what do you know! They have! But only slightly.

I made our own Christmas stockings this year and they turned out so well I am really impressed. I liked them so much that I made another six curly toe stockings for gifts for friends. You can find the free pattern here I used here with a handy video too.

IMG_6342R

No comments: