Sunday 2 August 2009

Go for Gold!

You know what I discovered today? I only have ONE piece of pattern paper with gold on it, one type of gold brads, gold dragonflies and gold embossing powder... and that's it! I discovered I have quite a bit of silver stuff though! This week for the High Hopes challenge we are Going for Gold!

I did an Ila today and did some gold embossing on the corners of the card base and the edges of the image layer. You can't really see it but the swirls on the pattern paper are gold and then there is the little gold dragonfly in the bottom corner.

You know, its been AGES since I last embossed... I had a second thought when I got started thinking I might have forgotten! I also had to actually locate my heat gun... I hadn't remembered seeing it since we moved but I found it in a draw so I must have seen it. I had a lot of fun embossing actually. I might leave my heat gun out and see if that encourages me to do it more often!

6 comments:

Zoe said...

Hello Amy, I love the saying and I love your beautiful colouring.
love
Zoe
xxxx

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Amy, coloured beautifully and the gold embossing looks great!
Clairex

Nicoline said...

absolutely adorable !
beautifully coloured as always

Hugs,
Nicoline

Tracey said...

I love this Amy! Just adorable! xx

dpkennedy said...

Super cute Amy! Wonderful coloring and I love the gold embossed corners!

Ila said...

So Gorgeous Amy!! your coloring is Amazing and this image is the Cutest!!..The gold embossing looks Fabulous...even better when you do it!!..Thanks so much for mentioning me...you're a Sweetie!!...Hugs, Ila