Thursday 29 January 2009

Flower Power

This was my Christmas break project. I got the instructions from the Kaisercraft website and I had a great time folding these little flowers! It took me ALL day and took (from memory) six pieces of double sided, 12 x 12 pattern paper. I used Kaisercraft - Tudor. The flower ball is made from 12 origami flowers with 5 petals each so all up, I had to fold 60 flower petals! It was fun for the first hour! I'll admit, I am so happy with it though I would do it again too. I held it all together with little paperclips and bulldog clips while it dried then stuck a piece of painted dowel into the middle. The pot is just a $3 toothpaste cup from Big W and a bit of pretty ribbon!

15 comments:

Tracey said...

WOW Amy!! This is incredible!! xx

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh Wow Amy, this is stunning.. and so worth all the effort. The flowers look fabulous, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

Wow, Amy, this is amazing! I love it!

Unknown said...

Oh WoW! That's beautiful!

Tara said...

this is so cool! I love it! :)

Tracy.H said...

Wow! This is beautiful! What a lot of work that must have been. :0)

Anonymous said...

WOW-this is beautiful.
Good job!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, this is so neat, Amy!! I love those flowers and the colors are great!

Lacey Stephens said...

Holy moly!!! Wow! That is a LOT of work...but it's AWESOME!!! Well worth the effort!
~Lacey

Shannah said...

WOW - this is AWESOME!! Absolutely beautiful!
Shannah xox

Kelly Schelske said...

So awesome Amy!!

Elena said...

That is fabulous!!! You so talented Amy!
Thank you for sharing a link too!

Renata van Miltenburg said...

Oh wauw, this is gorgeous!!

Warm regards,

Renata

Katie Cotton said...

this is amazing!!! I really want to try to make one too! Thanks for sharing!!!!

dpkennedy said...

Wow, it's gorgeous! I so want to make one of these! It reminds me of the Amaryllis that I never got around to growing this past holiday season! Wonderful job!!