Tuesday 27 January 2009

Calendar

I had plans for the long weekend and I wanted to make five cards... it didn't happen! I made two cards but then I decided that it would probably be better to finish some of the projects I already had on the go. This is a Kaisercraft calendar that I started over the Christmas break. I stopped after I covered it because I wasn't too sure what to do next. It took me a day to cut all of the letters out using my Hippy Chick alpha through my Cuttlebug and ages to glue them all on (I glued pattern paper to a thin piece of chipboard first so that are a little raised).

I finished it yesterday by putting the huge amount of flowers on and I put some nice rubons on acetate and cut them out to stick out of the flowers too. I don't usually use so many flowers in one go but it sort of worked on this one. I am taking the calendar to work so I didn't want to personalise it too much. Oh, yeah, there was some sort of explosion of pearls too! I almost used two packets!

So here it is! Finally, the finished project... at least it is still in January!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

WoW! That's really neat!

cats whiskers said...

Wow what a fabulous creation
Hugs Jacqui x

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh my!!! I LOVE this!!! It's well worth all those primas and pearls!! Awesome!!
~Lacey

Crissy Armstrong said...

Lots of work and it looks great Amy! I love the profuse amount of flowers! Wonderful creative project and useful too!

Nana Diana said...

Amy, this is fabulous. Wow, you sure did put a lot of work into it, but you must be thrilled with how it turned out. Gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Great job. This is a pretty calendar.

Unknown said...

Looking forward to making this very calender with you on our NO CHILDREN ALLOWED weekend!!

kel.:-)

Deborah said...

I started one of these in early January but I still haven't finished it. LOL. Oh well, maybe soon.