Monday 12 January 2009

What's Up?

It's High Hopes Challenge time again! This week, Kimmie would like us to use dry embossing on our projects. This was a hard one for me! I have heaps of Cuttlebug folders but I never know how to incorporate them into a card so I usually just don't use them! This is the first time I have used Sm Monkey Mike and the Banana Tree so I had fun... even though I started the card at 8am yesterday morning and didn't finish it until 5pm!!

We are having some interesting weather here. There is a cyclone over "there" somewhere... it's not really affecting us but we are getting blasted with rain. If it was strong enough to cross land a bit further we might have been bothered as it would have hit us square on but it is supposed to turn off before it gets here. It has been raining constantly since Friday (it's now Monday for those in other time zones) I am not sure how I am going to go driving to work this morning. We had 160mm (6.2") of rain since midnight last night and its only 6:30am! Good thing I got Matt a weather station for Christmas... he can tell me exactly how much fell on our roof rather than just relying on the Bureau of Meterology website which measures the rain ages away!



12 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fabulous card Amy and love how you have embossed the patterned paper, Gorgeous colouring always. Have a safe journey this morning, Hugs, Nikkki x

Tracy.H said...

He is fabulous! Try and stay dry and safe on your drive to work. :0)

Tracy.H said...

He is fabulous! Try and stay dry and safe on your drive to work. :0)

Tracey said...

This is fantastic Amy!! Love this monkey! Stay safe & dry!

Kelly Schelske said...

Fabulous Amy!!

dpkennedy said...

You did a fantastic job incorporating the embossing into your card! Your coloring is always wonderful and the design too...adorable card!

Elena said...

Your card is fabulous! CB embossing is perfect here!
Hope the weather is better now! Be careful!

Lisa Foster said...

What an adorable card! Perfect incorporation of your CB embossing folder!
Hope the weather has improved...be safe!

Nicoline said...

What a great card! You did very well with the embossing part so now you might want to use it more often...?
How is the weather? I hope it's better by now.

Nicoline

cats whiskers said...

Hi Amy hpe the weather has improved for you now. Thanks for sharing this gorgeous card, he really is such a cute monkey and I love your use of the embossing with him. The papers are perfect
Hugs Jacqui x

Janette said...

this is adorable, I love how you pieced Mike on the embossed circle!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Amy!! Love this! Your coloring on all your cards is awesome!!