Saturday 24 January 2009

Thanks a Tonne

I made this card for our vet and the nurses after our cat, Kitty was injured a while back. She got in a fight and was scratched in the eye and needed a special drop in it HOURLY! All day, all waking hours, for two and a half weeks!

Luckily for us, we didn't have to do it if we slept through but if we woke up during the night we had to go catch her. The nurses had such a tough job, anytime they went near Kitty, she would growl or attack them. She bit Matt so badly he had to go to the doctor to make sure it wouldn't get infected. She wasn't too bad after that initial vet visit after Matt had to shake her off is hand to get her to let go but that was only for us that she was nice. She HATED the vet nurses to the point where every day when we picked her up we had to go out the back and put her in her cage for them. I can't really blame her, imaging being bashed up and trying to rest a sore body and having someone come and wake you up every hour and put a freezing cold drop in your eye for two and a half weeks! Just a day of that would wear me thin!

Her eye is all better now, her sight was only compromised just a little and you can see a cloudy patch on it but at the beginning half of her cornea had collapsed and they were worried she would lose the eye.

She was sick the other day and we took her to a new vet because we were worried they would scream and run out of the surgery when they saw us coming (they know her as 'The Kitty' now). She had to stay overnight for tests and the next day they called me to say she could come home, she needed some medicine but they weren't going to give it to her until we arrived because "she has turned into a lion.... and we can't catch her"! Oh, the joy of being a vet!

16 comments:

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

OH your poor kitty (and vet!). I love your coloring here. That red flowere is just popping out of my screen like 3D.

diane zechman said...

Poor kitty!
I have enjoyed looking at this CUTE card and others on your blog! Beautiful watercoloring!

Lisa Foster said...

That was so sweet of you to make them this card....which is absolutely adorable! I know how that it to have a sick kitty....it's just so stressful on everyone! I'm so glad she's doing better now!
Happy Weekend!

Tracy.H said...

Are you sick of me saying this yet?
Another amazing creation! Love it! :0)

Debbie Pamment said...

Such a cute card - but then all your work is gorgeous! I'm sure the gang at the vets was very touched to get it - and hope "kitty" keeps out of trouble!

Tracey said...

Poor kitty!! Or, maybe poor vet is a better choice?!?! :)

Love your card! It's adorable!

Kelly Schelske said...

Whata fabulous card, love the flower the hippo is holding!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Oh hun, im sorry to hear about your poor kitty. Hope she is feeling better now she is home! I love your card what a great hippo image!! lovely papers too. Hugs linda x

cats whiskers said...

O your poor Kitty, hope she has settled down again now. What a fabulous card this is such a cute Hippo
Hugs Jacqui x

Elena said...

Oh, poor kitty...
Absolutely love your card! So beautiful!

Janette said...

this is so cute and I love how you've colored it! Glad to hear that your kitty is doing better too

Debbie Pamment said...

Hi Amy - have left you a blog award on my blog if you want to collect it!

Poppy said...

wow lovely card.
poppy

Nicole Bailey said...

You create beautiful card!
TFS>

Lacey Stephens said...

Oh...poor Kitty!!! I had a cat once who wasn't nice. I actually thought she was possessed! Once minute she was a beautiful playful cat, the next moment, she would hiss and slap you! I took her to the vet once...when they gave her back to me, the nurse said "here is your evil cat"!! Then I had a roommate try to help me give her a pill once, she actually said "no"!! Scared the you-know-what out of my roommate!! She died...don't know what happened to her, but I found her in the back yard! Very strange cat! Anyway, I love this card!!
~Lacey

Emily said...

This is too cute! I recently found your blog through SCS and put it in my google reader! Your coloring looks amazing! Awesome card! Glad your kitty's eye is better now!