Wednesday 9 January 2008

Lovely as a Tree

I just LOVE Lovely as a Tree... I don't know why, they are boring old trees but for some reason they work! This is a really surprisingly versitile set! I have seen it used in so many ways it isn't funny. This set came in my order yesterday so I jumped at the chance to get it mounted so I could try it out. I decided to start out simple and just did a plain landscape. I used Gloss paper and sponge daubers to dab ink all over the area after I masked each colour off. There is still so much I want to try out with this set!

Also in my order was Naturals Ivory cardstock... I have never seen it before so I thought I would try it out and its absolutely gorgeous! Its just fantastic... I don't have enough describing words to say how much of a nice colour it is. If you haven't tried Ivory before... get it... its just beautiful for a neutral colour! As for the three colours of cardstock I used... who would have ever though Night of Navy, Mellow Moss and Certainly Celery... before making this card I never would have even attempted putting those two greens together but I love it. Just quietly, I was just taking the easy way out when I came up with that combo and just used the colours I used for the sponging!

Stamps: Lovely as a Tree
Ink: Bashful Blue, Brocade Blue, Night of Navy, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss and Black Stazon
Cardstock: Ivory, Night of Navy, Mellow Moss, Certainly Celery and Gloss
Accessories: Sponge Daubers

2 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love how you did this and your colors and great.

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

How beautiful. I love that set too and must start using it....